Class 2 Teacher: Miss Stojic
Here is a typical day in our classroom.
|11.30||Book Club/ Handwriting|
|1.00||Book Club/ Handwriting|
|1.20||Topic/ Science/ IT / R.E/ Growth Mindset|
We will continue to enjoy a wide selection of books and texts. The children will develop their writing & comprehension skills through these.
We will learn to use lots of new grammar and punctuation, including adverbs, expanded noun phrases, apostrophes and commas in lists.
We will continue our hard work in Maths. We will focus on building fluency in place value, addition and subtraction, not to mention multiplication and division. Further to this we will learn all about properties of 2D and 3D shapes and how to tell the time to ¼ of an hour.
Every child in Class Two will read with an adult regularly during our Book Club sessions. Please ensure that your child’s ‘Home School Record’ is in school each day. The Home School Record continues to provide a valuable link between home and school, please use this as a means of keeping us up to date about reading done at home and any other activities completed or experienced. Focus areas for reading this year are not only reading books suitable for their age range fluently, but also answering comprehension questions accurately.
Systematic, daily phonics sessions take place across the whole of Key Stage 1. Phonic booklets will be sent home. Please complete 2 pages each week and practise each sound or tricky words, spelling and reading them. Ensure your child is confident with each sound or tricky word before moving on.
Handwriting is taught daily. We use a cursive style and the children are encouraged to use this style in all books throughout the day. It is very important that the children make sure they are forming all of their letters and numbers the correct way.
Class 2 will have PE every Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Please ensure they have their kit in school each week and children are not wearing jewellery.
- Projects – A homework project gives you a chance to get involved with your child’s learning.
- Maths Homework – This will be set weekly and will often be sheet based.
- Phonics homework/Spellings – Each week the phonics book will be sent home. Complete 2 pages a week. Test your child with reading and spelling of the sounds in real words and psuedo (alien) words and write sentences with the words in. Practise the graphemes or tricky words that have been taught in the book that week as much as you can through reading and writing.
- Reading – Please read with your child every night. Use a mixture of reading their school book banded book, a home book and you reading to them.
- If you would like to contact me for any reason please pop in and see me at the end of the day, if you are unable to do this then please feel free to contact me via the school office to set up an appointment, email me on email@example.com or write a little note in the home-school record.