The Local Education Committee
The Local Education Committee are a group of people who want to make a positive contribution to children’s education.
Within Weaver Trust, Local Education Committees (LECS) are a vital resource, providing local context, challenge and support to the Headteacher / Executive Headteacher and Head of School and respective senior leaders to ensure the very best local offer is provided to the children in each School regardless of each pupil’s ability.
The LEC is a sub-committee of Weaver Trust Board. As such, it will share its ethos and aims to inspire children and staff, to believe in themselves and their ability, so they achieve their full potential, and with agreed values of being innovate, responsible and caring.
The LEC has an effective role in both challenge and support to the school, staff and pupils, acting as a strong consultative body, with the shared aim of achieving the Trust’s vision for our pupils. The legal responsibilities and accountabilities are held by the Trust Board and often delegated to the Executive Team.
The Local Education Committee provide strategic leadership and accountability in our school.
The role of the local education committee is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the head of school and executive head teacher (a critical friend)
Our Local Education Committee
Contact with our Local Education Committee can be made through contacting the school office, or by emailing Phil Hartley-Chambers directly: firstname.lastname@example.org