Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
Spiritual: Explore beliefs and experience; respect faiths, feelings and values; enjoy learning about oneself, others and the surrounding world; use imagination and creativity; reflect.
Moral: Recognise right and wrong; respect the law; understand consequences; investigate moral and ethical issues; offer reasoned views and have an appreciation of British Values.
Social: Investigate and moral issues; appreciate diverse viewpoints; participate, volunteer and cooperate; resolve conflict; engage with the fundamental values of British democracy.
Cultural: Appreciate cultural influences; appreciate the role of Britain’s parliamentary system; participate in culture opportunities; understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity.
At Comberbach Nursery and Primary School, we recognise that the personal development of children, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We want to give each child the opportunity to explore social and moral issues; develop a sense of social and moral responsibility and promote the British Values. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop:
- Their own values and beliefs
- Their own spiritual awareness
- Their own high standards of personal behaviour
- Their team and collaborative skills
- A positive, caring attitude towards other people
- An understanding of their social and cultural traditions
- An understanding of democratic processes and the law in England
- An appreciation and acceptance of the diversity and richness of their cultures
- Their opportunities to experience other cultures
- Their ability to celebrate each other’s successes
- Their access to a range of educational visits
Our opportunities for SMSC development are continuously changing and evolving.