Comberbach Nursery and Primary School is proud to have a level three qualified Forest School practitioner – Mrs Green! Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and complements the wider context of outdoor and woodland education. It is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees. We are lucky to have a woodland area at the rear of the school where the majority of sessions take place.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
The children love taking part in their forest school sessions, and they were keen that the Friends of Comberbach School supported the program by funding some resources. Sessions can now include the use of a fire pit and a number of tools – children are closely supervised with all tools and only use them when Mrs Green is sure they are ready.
When your child is scheduled to take part in Forest School, we ask that they bring in clothes and footwear which is suitable for the weather. Waterproof trousers and wellies are recommended in the winter as the site becomes very muddy.